It's official, I have a teenager.
• He's 5'7" - almost as tall as me. Taller than most kids in his class
• He's interested in girls, but is still embarrassed about it.
• He doesn't care much about his grooming.
• He still loves cars
• He loves to tinker and take things apart.
• He wants to see how things work.
• He can talk all day about an engine.
• He gets good grades.
• He would rather be playing video games.
• He is a Boy Scouts and loves camping, fishing and boating.
• He loves to read.
• He is a great big brother - most of the time.
• He is very polite and gets along well with adults.
• He works hard to overcome his difficulties.
• He would still rather eat macaroni and cheese three meals a day, but has expanded his menu a great deal.
• He is constantly changing and every now and then I get a glimpse of the awesome man that he is becoming.
• I am so very proud of him and what he has accomplished.
Happy 13th birthday, Cole. Just 5 more years until you go to college and I get to put my treadmill in your bedroom or make it a second art studio or make it a sewing room or an extra guest bedroom or...